Monday, January 2, 2012

"Clockwork Prince," Book 2 of The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Claire

The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series are my dirty little secret.  Shadowhunters, demons, vampires, werewolves; love-triangles and steamy passages.  If you like action, fantasy, and teenage romance drama then you must read Cassandra Claire.  The four books (so far) in The Mortal Instruments are City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass and City of Fallen AngelsClockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince are the first two books of The Internal Devices series.  Infernal Devices is actually a prequel series to Mortal Instuments; chronologically it happens 100-ish year earlier, but you must read Mortal Instruments first to understand the world of Shadowhunters living among humans and saving them demons.  It's not brilliant writing, often predictable, but worth it's weight in gold when it comes to entertainment value.  IMO.  I got this newest Claire book for Christmas and paced myself as much as possible to enjoy it longer (I made it last a whole week).  Then I went back and dog-eared my favorite sections so when I need a little Will-Tessa-Jem rush, I can find it quickly. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment